Businesses and other employers have various tax deadlines throughout the year. See below for some of the key tax-related deadlines that may affect your business during the fourth quarter of 2017.
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2016 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2016 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2017 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below.)
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2017 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2017 estimated income taxes.
It’s important to note that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. If you have questions about filing requirements for your business or want to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines, JLK Rosenberger can help. For more information, call us at 949-860-9902 or click here to contact us.