2018 Q2 Tax Calendar: Key Deadlines for Businesses and Other Employers
These are several important tax-related deadlines for businesses and other employers occurring in 2018’s second quarter. Be advised that this list isn’t all-inclusive — you may have other deadlines specific to your company. If you want more information about the filing requirements, please call us at 949-860-9902 or click here to contact us. We can also make certain that you meet all deadlines that apply.
- Electronically file 2017 Form 1096, Form 1098, Form 1099 (unless an earlier deadline applies) and Form W-2G.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, file a 2017 income tax return (Form 1120) or file for an automatic six-month extension (Form 7004), and pay any tax due. If the return isn’t extended, this is also the last day to make 2017 contributions to pension and profit-sharing plans.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the first installment of 2018 estimated income taxes.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for first quarter 2018 (Form 941), and pay any tax due. (See exception below under “May 10.”)
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for first quarter 2018 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the second installment of 2018 estimated income taxes.