Reading time: under 1 minute
Below are some of the critical tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the fourth quarter of 2020. This list isn’t all-inclusive, and additional deadlines may apply to you. Be sure to contact us to go over applicable deadlines and learn more about the filing requirements.
Thursday, October 15
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2019 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest, and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2019 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
Monday, November 2
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the third quarter of 2020 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below under “November 10.”)
Tuesday, November 10
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the third quarter of 2020 (Form 941), if you deposited on time (and in full) all of the associated taxes due.
Tuesday, December 15
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2020 estimated income taxes.
Thursday, December 31
- Establish a retirement plan for 2020 (generally other than a SIMPLE, a Safe-Harbor 401(k) or a SEP).
If you have any questions about the above deadlines, please contact us at 818-334-8643 or click here, and we will contact you.