Businesses in Anchorage and across Alaska have become increasingly aware of the threats that cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that attacks are on the rise with a 435% increase in ransomware and a 358% increase in malware attacks last year alone. These numbers do not include the report that 57% of organizations experience daily phishing attacks. The increasing risk calls for regular review and update of cybersecurity protections. The first step in the process is to conduct a vulnerability scan.
Vulnerability Assessments – Anchorage
A vulnerability scan provides businesses with the opportunity to monitor networks, systems, and applications for issues and vulnerabilities. These scans are an important part of an information security program and should be conducted after any changes to infrastructure, software, or operating systems. In addition, it is important to conduct broad scans regularly to ensure no new issues have arisen.
Alaska Vulnerability Assessments
JLK Rosenberger provides vulnerability scanning to companies in Anchorage and across Alaska. Our team has years of experience delivering detection, assessment, and testing services to uncover issues. What makes our team different is the combination of technical expertise and practical experience that allows us to conduct the appropriate type of testing. The result is a comprehensive report that highlights issues and provides insights into remediation. Our methodology includes:
- System Evaluation – Create a catalog for all assets, resources, and data in a system.
- Asset Prioritization – Work with management to understand and prioritize the quantifiable value and importance of each asset.
- Uncover Threats – Attention is turned to the identification of potential security threats that can adversely impact business operations or the security of high-value information.
- Remediation Strategy – Working with management, our team creates a remediation strategy aimed at resolving the most immediate threats first. Then attention is shifted to less serious issues that should be addressed.
- Results – The company achieves a higher level of cybersecurity protection through the process and increases confidence in the company’s enhanced risk profile.
Map of Anchorage (AK)
About Anchorage (AK)
Anchorage’s strategic location makes it a critical economic center in Alaska. As the state’s largest city, it serves as the commercial and financial hub for both the local population and the surrounding regions. Anchorage’s proximity to international air routes and its strategic location on the Cook Inlet have contributed to its emergence as a crucial transportation and logistics hub.
The city’s business community encompasses various sectors, with particular emphasis on natural resources, tourism, healthcare, transportation, and government. Anchorage has a significant presence in the oil and gas industry, as it is a gateway to Alaska’s vast natural resources. Many oil and gas companies have their regional headquarters or major operations in Anchorage, which supports jobs, investment, and economic growth.
Contact our Anchorage Vulnerability Assessment Consultants
JLK Rosenberger provides actionable vulnerability assessments to businesses in Anchorage and across Alaska. If you are interested in learning how we can help you, complete the form below, and we will follow up shortly.