Businesses in Bangor and across Maine have become increasingly aware of the threats that cybercriminals pose. The unfortunate reality is that attacks are on the rise with a 435% increase in ransomware and a 358% increase in malware attacks last year alone. These numbers do not include the report that 57% of organizations experience daily phishing attacks. The increasing risk calls for regular review and update of cybersecurity protections. The first step in the process is to conduct a vulnerability scan.
Vulnerability Assessments – Bangor
A vulnerability scan provides businesses with the opportunity to monitor networks, systems, and applications for issues and vulnerabilities. These scans are an important part of an information security program and should be conducted after any changes to infrastructure, software, or operating systems. In addition, it is important to conduct broad scans regularly to ensure no new issues have arisen.
Maine Vulnerability Assessments
JLK Rosenberger provides vulnerability scanning to companies in Bangor and across Maine. Our team has years of experience delivering detection, assessment, and testing services to uncover issues. What makes our team different is the combination of technical expertise and practical experience that allows us to conduct the appropriate type of testing. The result is a comprehensive report that highlights issues and provides insights into remediation. Our methodology includes:
- System Evaluation – Create a catalog for all assets, resources, and data in a system.
- Asset Prioritization – Work with management to understand and prioritize the quantifiable value and importance of each asset.
- Uncover Threats – Attention is turned to the identification of potential security threats that can adversely impact business operations or the security of high-value information.
- Remediation Strategy – Working with management, our team creates a remediation strategy aimed at resolving the most immediate threats first. Then attention is shifted to less serious issues that should be addressed.
- Results – The company achieves a higher level of cybersecurity protection through the process and increases confidence in the company’s enhanced risk profile.
Map of Bangor (ME)
About Bangor (ME)
Small businesses play a significant role in Bangor’s economy, particularly in the downtown area. The streets of downtown Bangor are lined with charming independent shops, boutiques, restaurants, and cafes. These establishments not only provide essential goods and services to the local community but also add to the unique character of the city. From specialty stores to family-owned restaurants, these businesses create a sense of community and contribute to the city’s vibrant atmosphere.
Furthermore, Bangor’s business community benefits from the presence of major industries. The healthcare sector, led by Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center, is a significant contributor to the local economy. The medical center not only provides critical healthcare services to the community but also supports research and development, creating employment opportunities and driving innovation in the healthcare field.
Contact our Bangor Vulnerability Assessment Consultants
JLK Rosenberger provides actionable vulnerability assessments to businesses in Bangor and across Maine. If you are interested in learning how we can help you, complete the form below, and we will follow up shortly.