Fernando Austria, CPA, CMA
No matter the challenge, Fernando’s signature light-and-tight documentation techniques turn chaos into order.
Fernando joined the firm early in his public accounting career and “fell in love with auditing insurance companies.” His clients return the love as he drives audits to completion and goes beyond simply gathering data—he has a knack for illustrating, presenting, and interpreting it.
Areas of Expertise
Fernando has 7 years of public accounting experience as an auditor, focusing primarily on insurance. He has led engagements of life insurers and property and casualty entities. Fernando’s clients include traditional stock companies, mutual insurers, risk retention groups, and insurance pools that underwrite homeowners, fire, private passenger auto, commercial multiple peril, medical malpractice, and professional liability risks, among others.
Membership & Professional Associations:
- Philippine American Society of CPAs, Los Angeles (PASCPA – LA)
- Former Director and VP of Membership
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Insurance Accounting and Systems Associations (IASA)
More About Fernando
Futbal or football?
BASKETBALL, Steve Nash, to be exact.
Least Favorite Word:
- Bachelor’s degree, University of Santo Tomas (Manila, Philippines)
Fernando moved from the Philippines to Los Angeles after graduating from college and passing the Philippine CPA Licensure Examinations where he worked for a local CPA firm. Additionally, he obtained valuable experience with PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP where he worked on asset and wealth management clients in addition to insurance.