The demands and pressure on professional athletes are enormous. We realize professional athletes are more than employees on a team or faces on a cereal box. Today’s athletes are owners of off-the-field brands. The concerns, challenges and issues facing professional athletes are unlike any other profession. Not only is there the expectation they will perform at a high level on the field, but the nature of their work means financial concerns off the field. Let’s face it, the needs of a professional athlete demand the attention and skills of experienced industry professionals. JLK Rosenberger’s experienced advisors work to create a tax planning strategy that provides the most options possible. We also work in concert with other business and financial advisors to ensure a clear path to financial stability, now and in the future.
Our Services Include:
- Multi-State Income Tax Preparation- We provide income tax preparation for both the IRS as well as the state governments. Each athlete may have a filing requirement in their resident state, their home club state, as well each state that they play an away game in.
- Income Tax Planning – We work with the clubs, agents, and of course, our clients, to ensure the so-called bases are covered.
- IRS & State Income Tax Audit Support- Athletes in general are more susceptible to government examinations due to the expenses that they incur which a non-athlete employee may not. We prepare our work paper files in a manner which creates a clear roadmap for the IRS if/when audited. This eliminates time, fees and headaches for all involved.
- Business Opportunity Evaluations
- Estate Planning
- Preparation/Monitoring of Monthly Budgets
- Monthly Cash Receipts & Disbursements
- Personal Bill Pay/Bank Reconciliations
- Annual Insurance Coordination
- Career Transition
Take the Next Step
Learn why professional athletes, whether new to the league or established veterans, turn to us for assistance managing their tax and wealth management needs. For additional information on our firm, approach or how we can assist you or your athlete client, click here to contact us or feel free to reach out to the highlighted professionals. We look forward to hearing from you!