Daryl Luna, CPA
Daryl recognizes that the numbers tell the story and he can’t wait to read it.
More than an auditor, Daryl’s clients describe him as a good coach who is both accessible and timely. His ability to quickly see the story in the numbers and then strategize methods for growth or unique solutions translates into key financial direction for his clients. Daryl enjoys his interactions with other professionals and pays attention to their varying methods of resolution. He identifies individual client needs and uses his long-developed judgment to discern the best approach for the client and will get the job done.
Areas of Expertise
Daryl Luna has over 23 years of accounting and auditing experience. He has extensive expertise in specialized audits including mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, and audits of employee benefit plans. He has also assisted numerous clients with reporting requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission, including providing assistance with initial public offerings and reverse mergers.
Membership & Professional Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Southern California Contractors Association
- Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
More About Daryl
Daryl spent 17 years with a regional accounting firm.
- California State University, Fullerton (B.A.)
Little Known Facts
I make a lot of lists and I’m not much into relaxing. Once I finish something, I have 15 other things to start.
Favorite Way to Spend a Saturday Afternoon?
Adventuring outdoors with my kids and friends.
Advice for Aspiring CPAs?
1. Pass the exam as close to getting out of school as humanly possible.
2. Try to get exposure to as many different industries and accounting tasks as possible because they will shape your judgment. What separates the best from the good in our profession is judgment.